Surge® Weed & Feed 16-0-9
Post-Emergent Weed Control & Fertilizer
- Professional-grade, four-way herbicide designed to provide quicker control over a broader list of weeds
- Provides superior performance throughout entire growing season, even when applied in the cooler temperatures of spring and fall
- Feeds to build thicker, greener lawns
- Smaller particles result in superior coverage and performance
- Made in the USA
- Surge Weed and Feed is available in pallet quantities - There are 35 bags per pallet
The Andersons Surge Weed & Feed is a professional-grade, post-emergent herbicide featuring four active ingredients. This combination results in quicker control over a broader list of more than 250 weeds, including dandelions, clover, chickweed, plantain, and many more.
This product features a 16-0-9 fertilizer analysis, feeding to build a thicker, greener lawn. Surge Weed & Feed contains both quick-release (for immediate green-up) and slow-release nitrogen (for extended feeding). Smaller particle sizing provides more granules per square inch, resulting in superior coverage and performance. Surge Weed & Feed provides superior performance throughout the entire growing season, even when applied in the cooler temperatures of spring and fall.
|Analysis||16-0-9 + Surge Post-Emergent Weed Killer|
|Package Sizes||40 lbs|
|Coverage||Up to 16,000 sq ft|
APPLYING SURGE WEED AND FEED
Spring and fall applications are suitable for the best control. However, this product can be applied any time broadleaf weeds are present and actively growing.
A uniform broadcast distribution of product on the treated area is essential. Do not exceed the specified application rate for any area. Do not apply product to bare ground. Do not use this product on dichondra, carpetgrass, creeping bentgrass, or turf containing desirable clovers.
Sequential or follow-up applications may be required for dense infestations of perennial and biennial weeds. Also, adverse environmental conditions prior or after application may reduce the effectiveness. If required, the treatment interval between the first and second applications should be approximately 30 days. Do not exceed the maximum seasonal rate of 348 pounds, per acre per season, excluding spot treatments.
SURGE FOR ESTABLISHED TURF
- Mow the turf 1 to 2 days before application.
- Water the turf thoroughly (>1/2 inch) at least 1 to 2 days before application.
- Schedule applications in the morning when dew is present. Or, sprinkle or irrigate lightly (<1/4 inch) before application to provide maximum control.
- Rainfall or irrigation within 24 hours after application may reduce the effectiveness. Do not irrigate or water the turf within 24 hours after application.
SURGE FOR NEWLY SEEDED TURF
This product can be applied to newly seeded cool season turf. Apply only after the third mowing or after the grass seedlings have tillered and have developed an adequate secondary root system. This product can also be applied to newly established warm season turf. Treatments should be delayed until 3 to 4 weeks after the sodding, sprigging, or plugging operations, and low application rates (1/2 of the listed rate for established turf) are suggested.
Not only did this knock out the weeds I had but the grass where I spread it is growing strong and a vibrant green.