Organic Soil Amendment
- Improves soil health with particles designed to attract nutrients, beneficial bacteria, microbes, and water, making all of these more available for plants
- Builds rich, carbon-heavy soil that requires less fertilizer for plant growth
- Features DG Technology, which allows particles to disperse with water, moving immediately into the soil
- Easy-to-apply spherical, uniform, low-dust formulation
- Ideal for seeding and composting applications on lawns, gardens, flower beds, potted plants, etc.
- BioChar lasts in the soil for years, helping build the soil profile over time.
- Environmentally friendly, OMRI listed. User friendly; can be blended with fertilizers, alongside any fertilizer program, or used alone
- Proven products made in the USA 75 Years of expertise
- BioChar DG is available in pallet quantities - For 30 lb. BioChar DG there are 45 bags per pallet - For 10 lb. BioChar DG there are 120 bags per pallet
- Not for sale in CA, OR
BioChar DG is a soil amendment made from the carbon skeleton of wood, or other organic matter, through the process of super heating. Every small piece of biochar has millions of molecular bonding sites that hold water, nutrients, microbes, fungi, and bacteria that would otherwise be washed away or die from harsh conditions. Once introduced to your soil, biochar will stay for years, helping build the soil profile. BioChar DG applications result in rich, carbon-heavy soil that feeds itself and the plants growing in it.
The Andersons BioChar DG features Dispersible Granule (DG) Technology, which allows particles to disperse when watered. The DG Technology helps the Andersons BioChar DG move past the thatch layer of your lawn or the mulch in your garden bed, and into the soil without any raking, digging, or tilling. The spherical and uniform granules also mean low-dust, making The Andersons BioChar DG easier to work with.
Other biochar products have chunks of organic material, are dusty, and messy. These products have to be worked into the soil and then watered thoroughly to reach the root zone and be effective.
|Package Sizes||10 lbs, 30 lbs|
|Coverage||Up to 30,000 sq ft|
APPLYING BIOCHAR DG
BioChar DG can be applied to all soil and turf types in any growing stage. It can also be used in gardens and flower beds. BioChar DG can be applied on its own or blended into other granular applications. For best results, mow prior to applying and water in thoroughly. Avoid applying BioChar DG before heavy rainfall as particles risk being washed away.
Some situations will require higher use rates and/or more frequent applications.
BIOCHAR DG FOR ESTABLISHED TURF
Apply 1-2 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. anytime during the growing season.
BIOCHAR DG FOR NEW LAWN OR SOD INSTALLATION
Apply 1-2 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. tilling into the soil then proceed with grass seed planting or sod installation as normal.
BIOCHAR DG FOR GARDENS AND FLOWER BEDS
Apply 2-4 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. anytime during the growing season.
BIOCHAR DG FOR TREES AND SHRUBS
Apply 1/2 - 2 cups as a band around the base of each tree or shrub. Larger trees and shrubs should use the higher rate.
BIOCHAR DG FOR POTTING SOILS
Mix in 5 - 15 lbs. per cubic yard of potting mix.
Organic Soil AmendmentView Product
Organic Lawn & Garden FertilizerView Product
Broadcast SpreaderView Product
I use this in conjunction with Humic DG. It pops the grass nicely. I have seen a difference in color and thickness.