Soil Test & Probe
Soil Test Kit & Probe
- The Andersons Soil Test Starter Pack is an accurate and easy-to-use professional-grade soil test kit
- Register your kit online at AndersonsHomeandGarden.com/SoilTest
- Comes with everything required for use - 8" stainless steel soil probe, easy to follow instructions and a prepaid mailing envelope
- Professional lab analysis measures pH and plant available nutrient levels including nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, iron, manganese, boron, copper, zinc, and sodium
- Test any soil type or growing condition including turf, gardens, landscape, compost and even soil-less media
- Get online results in 6-8 days with fertilizer recommendations tailored to your soil's needs
- 100% USA made
Soils often contain an abundance of nutrients that may or may not be in available forms to plants as they grow. Conventional soil analysis methods measure nutrient levels by drying and grinding your soil and extracting nutrients with different chemicals. This is still a "guess" with regards to what chemical extraction may best represent the available nutrient levels in your soil. The Andersons Soil Test Kit uses the customer's field-moist soil to adsorb available nutrients without using chemicals that can over or underestimate nutrient levels and soil release. This kit does not require your soil to be dried and ground, two processes that change the physical and chemical characteristics of the natural soil.
In just 6-8 days after mailing in your sample you'll get results for your soil's macronutrient, micronutrient, and pH levels. Your results will also include product recommendations tailored to your soil's needs. Register your kit, pull soil sample, mail sample, get results, grow like a pro. It's really that easy.
TESTING YOUR SOIL
1. Register your kit online HERE
- Create an account (Andersons Home & Garden account credentials do not carry over to soil test login)
- Enter your kit registration number (on sample jar and paper insert)
- Select the sample type
- Add the date of when your soil was added to the sample jar
- Select the approximate square footage of your sampling area (length by width)
2. Pull Soil Sample
An accurate soil sample provides accurate analysis. Before taking your soil sample, it’s best to evaluate your testing area and divide it into different sections if needed. It is important to collect a representative soil sample. If multiple sample areas are being tested, we recommend separate tests for each area. For each test, we recommend:
- Using a clean soil probe or hand trowel, collect soil from 5-7 separate locations/spots within your desired testing area.
- The soil should be collected from the surface down to a depth of 6 inches (a shallower depth is ok if the soil is too hard). If soil is too hard for the soil probe to be inserted at all, wet the soil first and then insert the soil probe.
- Combine the collected soil in a large bag or bucket and mix thoroughly, breaking up any large chunks. Samples should be free of any large plant material and other debris.
- Using the provided scoop, collect one level scoop of the mixed soil and add it to the jar containing DI water and nutrient adsorbing capsule. Tightly secure lid!
DO NOT DUMP WATER OUT OF JAR
3. Mail Sample
MAIL YOUR SAMPLE WITHIN ONE DAY OF ADDING SOIL TO THE JAR
- Place jar in the provided prepaid envelope and seal it
- Place the envelope in your mailbox or any USPS accepted location
4. Get Results
Results will be available in 6-8 days online at AndersonsHomeandGarden.com/SoilTest. Sign in to your customer portal and view your report(s) in your dashboard.
5. Grow Better
Apply your recommended products at the directed rates.