Weed and Feed 24-0-16
Post-Emergent & Fertilizer
- Get a thick, weed-free lawn with The Andersons Weed and Feed 24-0-16 - Application 2 of The Andersons Lawn Program
- Controls existing dandelions and over 250 broadleaf weeds
- Includes both quick- and slow-release nitrogen for a fast green up and extended feeding
- Contains iron for extra deep greening
- This product may be used on bahia, bermuda, bluegrass, centipede, fescue, rye, St. Augustine and zoysia grass - Do not use on dichondra and carpet grass
The Andersons Weed & Feed 24-0-16 is a post-emergent herbicide that controls more than 250 weeds, including dandelions, clover, chickweed, plantain, and many more. This product features a 24-0-16 fertilizer analysis, feeding to build a thicker, greener lawn. The Andersons Weed & Feed contains both quick and slow-release nitrogen as well as 1% iron for immediate green-up and extended feeding.
Amazon ReviewsView All Reviews
|Package Sizes||18 lbs|
|Coverage||Up to 5,000 sq ft|
APPLYING WEED AND FEED 24-0-16
Spring and fall applications are suitable for the best control. However, this product can be applied any time broadleaf weeds are present and actively growing.
A uniform broadcast distribution of product on the treated area is essential. Do not exceed the specified application rate for any area. Do not apply product to bare ground. Do not use this product on dichondra and carpetgrass, or turf containing desirable clovers.
Sequential or follow-up applications may be required for dense infestations of perennial and biennial weeds. Also, adverse environmental conditions prior or after application may reduce the effectiveness. If required, the treatment interval between the first and second applications should be approximately 30 days. Do not exceed recommended dates.
WEED AND FEED 24-0-16 FOR ESTABLISHED TURF
- Mow the turf 1 to 2 days before application.
- Water the turf thoroughly (>1/2 inch) at least 1 to 2 days before application.
- Schedule applications in the morning when dew is present. Or, sprinkle or irrigate lightly (<1/4 inch) before application to provide maximum control.
- Rainfall or irrigation within 24 hours after application may reduce the effectiveness. Do not irrigate or water the turf within 24 hours after application.
WHEN TO APPLY AFTER SEEDING
This product can be applied to newly seeded cool season turf. Apply only after the third mowing or after the grass seedlings have tillered and have developed an adequate secondary root system. This product can also be applied to newly established warm season turf. Treatments should be delayed until 3 to 4 weeks after the sodding, sprigging, or plugging operations, and low application rates (1/2 of the listed rate for established turf) are suggested.