Lawn Starter with Weed Preventer 21-22-4
Pre-Emergent Weed Control & Fertilizer
- The Andersons 21-22-4 lawn starter with weed preventer is a two-in-one formula that feeds new grass and prevents weeds
- Ideal for use in the spring and fall when seeding, sodding, sprigging, plugging, overseeding or reseeding
- Prevents troublesome weeds like dandelions and crabgrass for up to 6 weeks
- Includes slow-release nitrogen for continued feeding of grass
- For use on Kentucky bluegrass, centipedegrass, fescue, and perennial ryegrass - Do not apply to bentgrass, bermuda, zoysia or bahiagrass
The Andersons 21-22-4 lawn starter with mesotrione weed preventer is ideal for use when seeding, sodding, sprigging, plugging, overseeding or reseeding. This two-in-one formula will prevent crabgrass seedlings and controls broadleaf weeds like dandelions for up to 6 weeks without harming desirable turfgrasses such as Kentucky bluegrass, fescue and centipedegrass. The 21-22-4 is a perfect formula for a starter fertilizer and includes slow-release nitrogen for an extended feeding. It also contains iron and sulfur for a deep greening.
Amazon ReviewsView All Reviews
|Analysis||21-22-4 with Micronutrients + .08% Mesotrione Pre-emergent Weed Control|
|Package Sizes||40 lbs|
|Coverage||Up to 9,000 sq ft|
APPLYING THE ANDERSONS 21-22-4 LAWN STARTER WITH WEED PREVENTER
This product can be applied in the spring or the fall on newly seeded or over-seeded plantings of Kentucky bluegrass, centripedegrass, fescue and perennial ryegrass. For best results:
- Apply on a calm day
- Apply before watering newly planted grass for the first time. When watering in, use 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
- Apply when temperatures are consistently between 60°F and 90°F
- When using a broadcast spreader, avoid application to adjacent landscaped areas
After application, new weeds that sprout will turn white and die within a few days. Two to three weeks may be required for complete control. If extended control is required, a second application can be applied six weeks after the first application.
Crabgrass, dandelion, broadleaf plantain, buckhorn plantain, carpetweed, chickweed, lambsquarters, purslane, corn speedwell, ground ivy, hairy bittercress, henbit, parsley piert, Pennsylvania smartweed, Persian speedwell, pokeweed, purslane speedwell, redroot pigweed.
*Do not use on bentgrass, bermuda, zoysia or bahiagrass.