Compost Starter and Soil Amendment
- Dirt Booster is an all-natural compost starter and soil amendment
- Works much faster than traditional composting methods - Get rich garden compost in about 7 to 12 days
- Increases and feeds the good microbes, bacteria and fungi in your soil to create ideal growing conditions that will last all season long
- Dirt Booster and the included microbial pack contain biochar, humic acid, corn distillates, molasses and kelp
- Do not plant directly in Dirt Booster super compost as this material will be very high in nutrients and doing so could result in burning. Instead, mix Dirt Booster compost into your garden.
Dirt Booster is an all-natural compost starter and soil amendment for gardens. Dirt Booster and the included microbial pack contain biochar, humic acid, corn distillates, molasses and kelp. Full of nutrients and good soil microbes, using Dirt Booster will increase soil fertility and nutrient holding capability. As a compost starter, Dirt Booster yields results in 7 to 12 days working much faster than traditional composting methods.
Amazon ReviewsView All Reviews
|Analysis||Humic Acid, Biochar + Microbial Booster Pack|
|Package Sizes||20 lbs|
APPLYING DIRT BOOSTER
Dirt Booster can be used with regular garden soil, but for best results it should be used with a manure compost. Microbes and fungi won't become active at low temperatures so make sure the manure or soil is warm by letting it sit in the sun for a few hours prior to beginning the application process.
- Establish a work area and mix the microbial booster pack following the instructions on the microbial booster packaging.
- Begin making your pile. First, put down a layer of manure compost. Then, sprinkle Dirt Booster on top. Spray the area with the microbial booster mixture and small amount of water - DO NOT soak. Repeat this process until pile is at desired size then let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Mix the pile with your hands turning it over and over while lightly spraying with the remaining microbial booster spray. The pile should feel slightly damp but not muddy. When done mixing, pull the pile into a pyramid shape. Use a pole or stick to gently make a hole from top to bottom, then let it sit.
- Within 24-48 hours the microbial digestion will start and the pile will heat up as high as 130° F. You may see a white haze that looks like mold. This is good. After 4 to 8 days the "heating" will stop and your super compost will be ready to mix* into your garden.
*Do not plant directly in Dirt Booster compost as this material will be very high in nutrients and doing so could result in burning. Instead, mix Dirt Booster compost into your garden.